- Tuesday 4 March 2008, 10am - 4pm, 60L Green Building Carlton. (Presenter: Brendan Sydes, Principal Solicitor, EDO)
- Thursday 13 March 2008, 10am - 4pm, 60L Green Building Carlton. (Presenter: Brendan Sydes, Principal Solicitor, EDO)
EDO Biodiversity Law training for community and environment groups
New for 2008, the focus of the workshops is on biodiversity law and policy and topics will include:
- An overview of Victorian and Commonwealth legislation such as the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988 and the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act);
- Consideration of important processes such as nomination and listing, and preparation of Action Statements and recovery plans;
- The protection of habitat under Planning Schemes;
- Critical evaluation of the operation of Victorian and Commonwealth legislation and needs or opportunities for reform.
The EDO gratefully acknowledges the support of the Threatened Species Network for this program.
Cost: $10 concession / $20 full.
To book for a Melbourne workshop or for more information on hosting a workshop in partnership with the EDO, contact: Verity McLucas, EDO Victoria (03) 8341 3101 or firstname.lastname@example.org